Today I am passing along a few philosophical questions posed by friends on facebook and adding a few of my own. These can be categorized as the things that make you go, “Hmmm.” Of course, whether the “Hmmm” refers to the actual question posed or to the thought processes of the poser remains to be determined. Enjoy.
1. What does ice cream sound like?
2. Why is the third hand on a watch called a second hand?
3. Why do they call them apartments when they are all so close together?
4. If bread is square, why is sandwich meat round?
5. Why is vanilla ice cream white when vanilla extract is brown?
6. If money doesn’t grow on trees, why do banks have branches?
7. Why do we put suits in a garment bag and garments in a suitcase?
8. Did Noah have woodpeckers on the ark? If so, where did he keep them?
9. Why does lemon dishwashing liquid contain real lemons, but lemon juice contains artificial flavoring?
10. Who was the first person to say, “I think I’ll squeeze those dangly things under the cow and drink what comes out?”
That’s all for now.